Tuesday, September 8, 2009

An update ...

Things have moved on ...

First of all, TAP haven't sorted out my claim yet ... but I won't rant on this time! Just remember that when you're next booking your flight somewhere!

The children all had excellent results at the end of the summer term. They're all healthy & happy. I owe an enormous thank you to N.Tse an old friend from Hong Kong who generously sent them a large sum of money which managed to pay the water bill amongst other necessities. I am currently awaiting an e-mail for confirmation of a donated 9-seater minibus, fingers crossed it happens; I will be driving it down later this year loaded with other donations given to me. I had a shock the other day returning home. Found a note with 40euros inside, for the children, spend it wisely! So kind!

In Ayame, my friends have had a third daughter and named her after me! They're waiting for me to return for her christening and she becomes my fifth godchild! In Abengourou, Leopold who desperately needed a job, seems to have secured a role with my European friend's company which I'm thrilled about! In Jacqueville, 'la blanche' has found the man of her dreams & is moving to be near Bassam, which will make it easy to visit her! I'm very happy for her! During the summer I met an Ivorian guy in a restaurant in Montpellier; he works for Studio 225 and gave me a lot of Gohou DVDs to see what I think. He's also agreed to arranged for some of the children to visit the studios in Abidjan; amazing what can be achieved from afar.

I, meantime, await my return ... sooner rather than later I hope; just depends on work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ciao Kira, i know that this comment doesn't concern your post, but i saw your name in a lot of sites and i hope you can help me. I'm planning to visit west africa alone this winter (i'll fly to Tangier in november and from there via terra with public transports to Mauritania, Senegal, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Benin, Togo), and i suppose (i hope) to be in Ghana in feb/mar. Could you tell me, please, some tips. Grazie, Matteo. PS My mail is mttnl@libero.it ,thanks again.